Violation of federal and local prevailing wage acts are easy to commit. Watch out for these ten ways that you could be out of compliance with the Davis-Bacon Act.
- Incomplete or incorrect payroll information.
- Incomplete or incorrect addresses and worker ID numbers.
- Missing or misclassified information for workers, laborers, and mechanics.
- Missing documentation of apprentices and trainees.
- Failure to pay the prevailing wage, pay overtime, or comply with FLSA regulations.
- Failure to submit certified payroll reports weekly.
- Missing or incorrect signatures.
- Unresolved reporting errors and payroll reports.
- Failing to pay back wages.
- Unresolved labor standards disputes.
Mistakes in certified payroll reports need to be corrected within 30 days.
Made mistakes on your certified payroll? eBacon keeps track of the progress from beginning to end to make sure you don’t have any errors. This allows you to make changes before you submit, saving you the headache of having to correct a report.