Tracking time and attendance may not be the most interesting part of your day, but it is important. Precisely tracking hours is directly tied every company’s profitability, but it impacts construction companies in several additional ways. Accurate time records gives you a deeper understanding of your labor costs, which effects your bidding process and your ability to be competitive.
For construction companies that do prevailing wage work, tracking time is tied directly to compliance. Certified payroll requires detailed information on every worker’s role throughout the day. This must be correct otherwise you may use the wrong wage determination and find yourself out of compliance.
Most time tracking applications are not set up to make it easy for construction companies to capture the information they need for certified payroll. Our app, however, was created specifically for the construction industry. And once again, our team of developers have rolled out an update aimed at giving clients more options, improved usability along with a clean new look.
New Totals Screen
When you first open the app, you will notice two options at the bottom of your screen – Timeclock and Totals. Tapping Totals will bring you to a screen that shows your hours by day and by week. From here you can also select the Calendar icon to view the hours you’ve logged from previous dates. This makes it easy for workers to review their hours and find errors before payroll is processed.
Advanced time options
Our updated time keeping app includes the advanced functions available in our previous version as well, such as:
- Workers can clock in and out of various roles throughout their shift. This makes your certified payroll process easier and improves your ability to comply.
- Mangers can clock their teams in and out when needed. This allows them to help create accurate time records from the field before those hours are processed on payroll.
- Geofencing prevents workers from clocking in before they are on the jobsite.
- Time punches can be logged via text, so no smart phone is required to track time.
- Punches are recorded even if there is no network. This allows you to capture time from any worksite, even where cell reception is unreliable.
If you haven’t started using the time tracking app yet, now is a great time to get started. Clients can download the app from either of the following links:
- Android users can download the app by following this link.
- iPhone users can download the app by following this link.
The material presented here is educational in nature and is not intended to be, nor should be relied upon, as legal or financial advice. Please consult with an attorney or financial professional for advice.